1. A pet with healthy teeth equals a pet with better breath!
2. Dental disease can actually lead to problems with your pet’s organs, such as the heart.
3. Retained baby teeth can cause problems in pets too! Did you know that full grown dogs have 42 teeth and full grown cats have 30 teeth? Before their adult teeth grow in, though, their baby teeth have to fall out. Sometimes, not all of the baby teeth want to come out. This can lead to problems like gum irritation and tartar buildup.
4. Caring for your pet’s teeth can prevent other health problems, saving you tons of money over the long term!
5. You need regular dental cleaning – why wouldn’t your pets?
6. Did you know that 4 out of 5 dogs over the age of 3 years have some sort of periodontal disease? It can be caused by the buildup of plaque, so it’s important to go in for regular dental checkups and cleanings.
7. Pets that don’t get dental care can painfully lose their teeth – this can be terribly painful and cause serious health problems.
8. Your dog and cat are very good at hiding pain – you might never know that your pet has a serious dental problem until it’s very advanced. This is yet another reason it’s important to take your pet in for regular dental cleaning.
Here are pictures of some of our last patients: